III John 1:4

"I have no greater joy that to hear that my children are walking in th truth." III John 1:4

Friday, October 29, 2010

SORRY!

Nothing tested my patience as much as some of my childhood favorite board games like SORRY! or Popomatic Trouble!  Many different board games would suffce for this lesson, but I find these games require you to set aside the feeling of unfairness & show love & patience.


It is easy to get to get impatient & even lose your temper when frustration arises.  Talk about the verses before you start playing.  Encourage them to be patient & loving towards their friends/siblings.


Here are some suggested verses:
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.”
I Corinthians 13:1 (NIV)

“Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.”
Ephesians 4:2 (NIV)
“A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly.”
Proverbs 14:29 (NIV)

“A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel.”
Proverbs 15:18 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment