III John 1:4

"I have no greater joy that to hear that my children are walking in th truth." III John 1:4

Friday, August 12, 2011

ABC Memory Verses

Now that my daughter is 2 years old, I wanted to start hiding the Word of God in her heart.  I searched the internet and found different ABC verses to do with pre-schoolers. My daughter, Leona, knows her ABC's, so I thought it would be great practice to make that my focus.  I wasn't very satisfied with the verses they had, so of course I had to tweek them :)  I also made most of the letters correspond with the character trait that we are going over.
Let me emphasize that my goal is not memorization, except for a few main ones.  Memorization for her can come later.  My main goal is to get her familiar with scripture and to just hear it over and over again.  My other goal is to use these times to teach and reteach some sign language as well.  I will try to insert pictures for the signs I use.

I will post each letter as we complete them and any other ideas I come up with as I go along.  I am going to focus on a letter each week.  I did combine some of the end letters to get finished before Christmas.

The nice thing about this format is that you can make it fit any age 2-5 by just building on the letter or idea :)

I hope you can use what I have put together!  Feel free to use whatever you want from my ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment